If you’re looking for the best paint for bathrooms and kitchen walls (high-moisture areas), you might find yourself getting confused. It can often seem like every tradesperson you ask has a different answer to the same question. Some will tell you that matt paints are the best, whereas some will suggest specially formulated bathroom/kitchen paints. In our experience, some of the best paints to use include vinyl silk paints – however, this can depend on your situation.
You see, painted surfaces in your kitchen or bathroom are placed under a great deal of stress. They need to deal with high levels of moisture, rapidly changing temperatures and more. When considering the right kind of paint for your space’s walls, there are many things you need to take into consideration, such as ventilation and proximity of painted surfaces to the highest areas of moisture.
What are The Best Paints to Use on Bathrooms and Kitchen Walls?
Here at Paintmaster, the paints which we have seen consistently provide great coverage and reliable service are normally vinyl silk paints. These vinyl silk emulsions are specifically formulated to provide a long-term, reliable service in environments like bathrooms and kitchens.
Depending on several other conditions, you may be able to use vinyl matt emulsions, vinyl soft sheen (satin) paints or specially-formulated bathroom/kitchen paints. In most cases, you should take advantage of a couple of different paints to suit your space’s needs. It is often beneficial to choose matt paints for the ceiling of your bathroom or kitchen. Combining this with vinyl silk paints on your walls can create a great aesthetic without sacrificing practicality.
Why Are Some Paints Unsuitable for Bathroom and Kitchen Walls?
Bathrooms and kitchens are some of the most difficult areas to decorate. Not only do you need to decorate the space for aesthetic purposes, you also need to make sure that it is practical. So, let’s look at the facts of bathroom and kitchen environments.
- High-Moisture Areas – Out of any room in your home or business, kitchens and bathrooms are the most likely to suffer from moisture-related issues. Not only are they likely to contain the most water, they are also the most likely to suffer from condensation and other issues.
The high-levels of moisture in these areas can cause a variety of problems. They can lead to serious damage to your painted surfaces. In addition to discolouring, moisture can cause painted surfaces to bubble, flake and crack.
- Rapidly Changing Temperatures – In addition to being areas of high-moisture, kitchens and bathrooms also have to deal with a range of temperatures. In many cases, these temperatures can also be particularly cold or hot. Kitchens can quickly heat up due to ovens, grills and hobs. It is also possible for showers and baths to quickly increase the temperature in a bathroom space.
Rapidly changing temperatures can lead to issues with painted surface in a similar way to high-moisture areas.
Why are Vinyl Silk Paints the Best Option for Bathroom and Kitchen Walls?
Fortunately, vinyl silk paints are naturally resistant to these environments. They are hard-wearing and can deliver many years of service in even the most difficult of environments. Vinyl silk paints are also known as a high-gloss paints. They offer a range of benefits to any kitchen or bathroom, including:
- Resilience to Moisture – The glossy nature of vinyl silk paints make it resilient to all kinds of moisture. It can prevent moisture from affecting the paint itself.
- Can Be Easily Wiped Down – Some kinds of paint can be damaged simply by the act of wiping it down. As vinyl silk paints are resilient to all kinds of damage, they can be used on all kinds of bathroom and kitchen surfaces.
- Can Be Used to Conceal Imperfections – Thanks to the glossy nature of vinyl silk paints, they will naturally hide imperfections on the wall’s surface.
For Vinyl Silk Paints for Bathroom and Kitchens, Get in Touch with Paintmaster Today
Here at Paintmaster, our experienced team can provide a full range of vinyl paints to suit your needs. We can provide vinyl silk paints in a wide variety of colours to suit your needs. Whether you’re looking for white, magnolia or another colour of paint, our team are here to help. Where required, we can even offer advice to help you find the right kind of paint to suit your needs.
For more information, you can call our experienced team today. You can reach us directly on 01663 733633. If you prefer, you can email any questions or concerns you might have to email@example.com and our paint specialists will get back to you as soon as possible.