Although we can spend weeks planning an interior redesign, few home or business owners take the same care of their property’s exterior. Maintaining a high-quality external veneer is important for a wide range of reasons. As such, choosing the perfect exterior masonry paint for your needs is essential. Thanks to the intelligent designs of exterior paint for masonry, you’ll be able to improve the aesthetics and resilience of your property.
Finding the right exterior masonry paint for your property is important. Here at Paintmaster, we can help you to find the ideal paint for masonry to suit your needs. We offer a wide range of paints and treatments for all kinds of surfaces. If you’re looking for industry-leading paints in the UK, get in touch with our team today.
Why is Exterior Masonry Paint So Important to Your Property?
Whether you’re selling your home, or you want the exterior to match the interior, masonry paint is essential. Exterior masonry paint can deliver a complete range of benefits to your property. It can be used for domestic, commercial and industrial properties across the UK.
Just some of the benefits that this paint can deliver include:
- Improves Curb Appeal – One of the main reasons that homeowners across the UK choose to decorate their property’s exterior is for cosmetic reasons. By using paint to create a clean, attractive external appearance, you can improve the curb appeal of your masonry. This can be absolutely essential when you’re trying to sell your home or business. Even if you aren’t selling your property, breathing new life into your property’s exterior is a great idea. The exterior of our homes can easily become dirty and unappealing after years of dealing with inclement weather, graffiti and more. Thanks to the masonry paint that the Paintmaster team can provide, you’ll be able to improve your burb appeal.
- Reinforce Your Property’s Durability – External masonry paints are designed to offer long-term, hard-wearing service. They are resistant to the effects of the weather and can help your property to resist all kinds of wear and damage. Whether your property suffers from damp or any other structural concerns as a result of the weather, hard-wearing masonry paint can be essential. A fresh coat of masonry paint can be a great addition to your property. It can help to cover existing cosmetic damage, including stains. If you’re looking for a practical way to improve your property’s external durability, exterior paint for masonry is ideal.
- Create a Distinctive Appearance – In addition to improving your property’s curb appeal, you can also use masonry paint to create a unique design. Popular choices include bringing interior designs outside. Many properties in the UK are choosing to implement feature walls to make their home look a little more distinctive. These paints are diverse and can be used in a wide range of properties. For example, they can offer a high-quality service to both traditional cottages and modern homes.
Which Exterior Masonry Paint Is Right for My Property?
The right kind of paint for masonry, as you can see, will be able to deliver a variety of benefits to your property. You’ll be able to improve the aesthetics and the durability of your home or business with a simple coat of paint.
As there is such a variety of paints for masonry available today, it can be difficult to find the right style for your needs. Ideally, you should always choose a paint style that is durable to the effects of the weather. All exterior masonry treatments and paints should be dirt-resistant, waterproof and usable in a wide range of temperatures from the freezing cold to the height of summer. In addition to being highly-resistant, you want exterior paints which are breathable and can react to changes in humidity and temperature.
How Do I Apply Exterior Masonry Paint to My Property?
When it comes to applying masonry paints to the exterior walls of your property, make sure that you follow these guidelines. The last thing you want to do is waste your time applying paint which will not remain in place or deliver a reliable service. When applying paint or treatment to your exterior masonry, you should always follow these essential tips:
- Preparation is Important – When applying any kind of paint or treatment, you need to ensure that you are working on a smooth surface. Any problems with the surface can result in issues with the quality of the paintjob. Some of the surface issues you might encounter include:
- Flaking Paint.
- Cracks in the Masonry.
- Environmental Conditions – You should only apply paints or masonry treatment in good weather conditions. If you apply the paint in wet conditions, or when the temperature is below 8oC, the paint may not dry effectively. You should also take care not to apply the paint in direct sunlight. This can cause the paint to bubble and blister as it dries.
- Use the Right Tools for the Job – Ideally, you should use a 3-inch or 4-inch brush to apply masonry paints. This will allow you to apply the paint quickly, cleanly and to a high-quality. If you choose to use a roller, choose one which a medium or high pile sleeve. This will allow you to make quick work of large external spaces. These roller scan also be equipped with an extension pole if you need to access higher areas.
What Surfaces are Exterior Masonry Paints Usable On?
Here at Paintmaster, we can deliver masonry paints which are suitable for a range of external surfaces. These can include a variety of facings, including:
- Roughcast and Pebbledash Surfaces.
- Building Blocks.
- Existing Emulsion/Masonry Painted Surfaces.
You should always make sure that you use two coats of your paint. This will not only create a more attractive cover but can result in a more durable finish.
Choose Paintmaster for A Complete Range of Exterior Masonry Paint in the UK
Here at Paintmaster, we can deliver a variety of exterior masonry paint to suit your property’s needs. Whether you’re looking to improve your home’s curb appeal, or protect it from weather damage, get in touch with our team today. Our painting and decorating specialists can recommend the best paint to suit your needs.
For more information on our range of exterior masonry paint, get in touch with our experienced team today on 01663 733633. You can also email any questions or concerns that you might have to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.